• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My installation fails mid way on CS2 photoshop on mac.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to install the CS2 on mac, It starts installing, though mid way it says: 'The installation failed, Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer to assistance' I have managed to get hold of someone on live chat and they said to come here.. So here I am! Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's age-old software that simply isn't compatible anymore with modern computers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the discussion: Photoshop CS2 Installation Fail! Please help!!

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using OS sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 will not install or run on Sierra. There are no workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not going to work. The earliest version of Photoshop that will install on Sierra is Photoshop CS3 (2007).

Photoshop CS2 only runs on Macs with PowerPC processors, but Sierra only runs on recent Macs with Intel processors. The last version of the Mac system that could run PowerPC software was OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard (2009). Sierra is 6 major upgrades beyond that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to suggest using CS2 in emulation software (like Parallels), but the older Mac OS's can't be run in those environments (The first MacOS that Apple allowed to be used in these apps was Lion). But you CAN run older versions of Windows in these emulation programs. So, if you can get a hold of Parallels, or VMWare Fusion, or Virtual Box, or Crossover Mac, you can install an older version of Windows, and run the Windows version of Photoshop CS2 there (also a free release of Photoshop). Often, these emulation programs come inexpensively in some of the bundles that're out there, and older Windows versions, I think MS will sell those as well.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buying a copy of Windows must be budgeted too. And I am not convinced the license allows crossgrades. It is not "free".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry - you're right. I'd seen the download, and assumed it was free - but then again, I've owned a license for everything since the early 90's - it's not "free". Also, I thought I'd mentioned that a Windows license would cost money - but it appears that in my haste, I hadn't.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines