• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with "border", text disappears

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a border around the edge of this page, along the margin - it's a playbill. I create a rectangle that fits the margins, and suddenly all of the text in my text boxes disappear, and become listed as errors. Images aren't affected, just the text. I've tried bringing various objects forward or backward; I've tried deleting everything on this page and starting over, even creating new text boxes has the same issue; I've tried doing it with the F Rectangle tool and M Rectangle tool; I've tried creating a whole new page; I can't figure out what is causing this problem. The only way I've been able to get around it is by making my rectangle a text box instead and then adjusting the stroke of the box, but this isn't really an effective work-around. It makes adding any other text boxes a pain, because it assumes I want to type in that text box that's acting as my page border.

Any ideas on what's causing the problem to begin with? I'm pretty new to InDesign, so it might be a stupidly simple answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

You probably inadvertently turned on text wrap in the text wrap panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably inadvertently turned on text wrap in the text wrap panel.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went and looked and some of my text boxes did have a text-wrap set up, but even when I changed it to "no text-wrap", it still didn't fix it. But opening the Text Frame Options and selecting "Ignore Text Wrap" did solve it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! I just figured out that the rectangle itself had a text-wrap. Problem completely solved. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While all objects are deselected, check to see whether you have the Text Wrap turned on. If so, click the left-most button to turn off. Generally, I apply it ON when I have a selected image graphic that I want text to run-around.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines