• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External HTML page embedded in HTML5 canvas document (Animate CC)

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the main timeline, if you have an action set to go to an external html webpage that contains a form, is there a way for it to go back to main timeline once that form is submitted? Or is there an easy way to embed a form within the Animate CC HTML5 canvas document itself?

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm a beginning to coding so bare with me, I may need to be baby-stepped through the process.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

one way to do that is to use a query string appended your url and then parse that in animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can add javascript to your form's submit button that opens (window.open or location.href) your canvas html page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way so that when you hit submit it will go to a certain frame within the timeline and not have it start at the beginning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one way to do that is to use a query string appended your url and then parse that in animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you do that? I'm sorry this is well out of my comfort zones so I'm not sure what kind of query string to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for example, if your button uses:

location.href='yourhtml.html?goto=framelabel_56'

you could use:

this.stop();

this.gotoAndPlay(querySF(window.location.href));

function querySF(s){

return s.split("?")[1].split('=')[1];

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How could I embed an external page in a movieclip called "container" Let's say google.com needs to go in my animate file sort of like an iframe. Can this be done?

@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines