• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant import other AE projects into another project in cc2017

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i am trying to import a project into another one to merge them together, After effects simply closes my current project and then reopens it at my last save point without importing the project i was trying to import. I am currently running Ae CC 2017.1  versions 14.1.0.57 on a PC with windows 7. Any help in the matter would be much appreciated. thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

**UPDATE** I was able to import the project on a mac. So this problem seems to only be happening on my PC. Also When i open a big project on my PC it will load the whole project, then just before being fully open and i can start working in the project, it closes, and re-opens the same project goes through the whole loading process again, and when its done i can work again. Has anyone else experienced any of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to import a project made in one version into a project made in the different version?

If importing an older version into a new version, try opening the old project in the new version, save it in the new version, and try importing it again.

If importing a newer version into an old version, try backsaving the new version until you get to the old version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, Both projects are from the newest version of AE. And this is happening on multiple instances not just 1 project in particular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**UPDATE** I was able to import the project on a mac. So this problem seems to only be happening on my PC. Also When i open a big project on my PC it will load the whole project, then just before being fully open and i can start working in the project, it closes, and re-opens the same project goes through the whole loading process again, and when its done i can work again. Has anyone else experienced any of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have received one report of this problem previously but have not, as of yet, been able to reproduce the problem internally.

For the case that we previously heard, the problem was limited projects stored on a QNAP NAS. If the project files are moved to the local drive, the problem does not occur.

bcalyore21​, are your project files stored on a local drive or on network storage? If network storage, please specify the manufacturer and model of the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are on a network. The IT guy said it an apple file server with thunderbolt storage, and I'm connecting connecting via smb.

I will try moving the files local to import to make sure that works on my end, I will reply once i've had the chance to do so, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem only occurs on network storage, any more detail you can provide about the network configuration and devices in use will be helpful. That's the missing part that we don't know how to replicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include what the file system of the network storage is (NTFS, HFS, ExFAT, etc.). Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its HFS, and the file server is running OSX 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Can you get us the make and model of the Thunderbolt storage device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Areca 8050 Thunderbolt RAIDs.

The file server (Mac Pro) connects via a 10GbE Thunderbolt adapter (Atto ThunderLink NS 1101)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also i haven't been able to find a consistency on importing a project not working, between on the network or from my local machine. I will continue to trouble shoot on my end when i have an opportunity, currently I'm fairly busy with work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Let me know if you find more consistency or specific triggers for the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well on a windows 10 machine.  Local storage, NTFS file format.  The only way I can get it to work is to start with a fresh project and import all other projects into that new project.  I never had these issues on OSX.  The import problem seems to be random for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to jump in to note I am also having this issue. Both projects are stored on the same local SSD drive. I'm on Windows 10. I also have the issue with my projects loading twice when opening. It loads once, then closes and loads a second time. This issue happens with all projects, not just one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also experiencing the same issue with projects loading twice. Does anyone from Adobe have an idea as to what might be causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines