• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Scam - Do not sign up for free trial it will cost you dearly!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are thinking of trying out the 30 day free trial with Adobe Stock through Illustrator or Photoshop please read this before you spend far more money than you plan for.

I subscribe to Creative Cloud, yearly paid in advance and I have been happy with the software although I still don't like not owning the software.

I got married in October this year and decided to design my own invites etc. and needed some editable Illustrator files I could edit as I am not a professional graphic designer. I clicked on the link in Illustrator and found the images I liked. I then got married and completely forgot about the Adobe Stock subscription until I noticed £23 a month coming out of my Paypal account. By the time I had checked what it was, they had taken two payments totalling £46.00. I thought it was my fault for not cancelling and C'est la vie (That's life) I would go online a cancel it immediately so as not to incur any additional costs. Which is what I did, I had though already paid for 20 images so I went through the database finding any images or files that I might possible use in the future to at least get some value for money. I still have 9 left as I could only find 11 I might use!!!!

I decided to cancel my subscription immediately as I did not want to have another £23 leave my account even though I was warned there would be a £107 cancelation charge. I thought I could end up with £107 + £23 if I did not cancel immediately and as I really have no use for 120 images a year seemed like the best thing to do. I also made the mistake that Adobe was a reasonable and ethical company and when I called them I would be able to get them to either not take or refund the £107.

I could not have been more mistaken, they promised a 48 hours resolution and after 5 days just sent me an email saying that as I had cancelled the £107 charge could not be refunded. I have twice since called them asking to find a solution. All they quote is I agreed to the yearly subscription as part of the free trial.

Yes I did, but not knowingly. I would not have paid £276 for the 3 images I required which is what I would have had to agreed to. Clearly as I subscribe yearly to Creative Cloud for the best price I would not waste that much money on images I don't need.

Paypal is also not interested in getting involved.

So, I have had no alternative but to take my own little action I will no longer be using Paypal. I will cancel my Creative Cloud Subscription as soon as it comes to renewal. As I pay one year in advance it would be self-defeating to cancel it early.

The irony is for the sake of £107 cancelation charge I will never subscribe to Creative Cloud again so they will lose over £5000 over the next 10 years. And would you believe I can only stop my Creative Cloud auto renewing once it has expired. Meaning they are hoping I will forget to cancel next November 2017 and they can get another year’s subscription out of it!

This company enjoys scamming its loyal customers and the world should know it.

Message was edited by: Jason Hewitt Update Jan 2017. Thank you Adobe for finally listening and resolving my issues. I would still strongly recommend you read what your signing up for before you enter into the free trial though.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

not sure what the problem is. None of you cancelled your accounts before it charged you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is as black as it gets. I got hooked by a similar 10 FREE images scam. Then Loged in few days ago and suddenly I have a Stock plan out of the blue without my authorization added to my billing.

Never coming back to Adobe! Plenty of good competition is around now. Good luck with your scams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so disappointed with Adobe! They got me too! I saw the 'FREE TRIAL WITH RISK-FREE CANCELLATION' header and thought I'd try out the service. I downloaded one image the first day and then never logged back in. Two months later I saw a charge for $30 on my credit card so I logged in to cancel since I did remember seeing that the monthly fee was $30 and it was my own fault for not cancelling the service right away. But when I went to cancel my jaw dropped when it said I had to pay $150 to cancel and that the free trial was actually a yearly contract if not cancelled within 14 days. This is such a scam and so below Adobe. I'm shocked. Online support was no help at all, telling me the best they could do is give me two months free but I was locked into my yearly contract. I told the rep to look at my account and see that I was not using the service but he didn't care at all.

I will never give Adobe my credit card info again and I want others to be very careful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure what the problem is. None of you cancelled your accounts before it charged you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the point. A 14 day grace period is RIDICULOUS! It is absolutely disgusting that a company like Adobe has no care for their customers and will not make accomodations for those of us who didnt realize we would be LOCKED into a year contract regardless of usage or not. I have 120 images remaining from last year, nor do I ever use the system anymore and I'm locked into another year because my "notification" email might've been in the "junk" email as the representative's told me?! I don't care how many "free months" you'll give, this sales tactic is disgusting  and as soon as I am able to cancel next year I will never recommend or use this service again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's your problem. you didn't cancel with 14 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing has happened to me. I've been hit with a massive £123 cancellation fee which I cannot afford nor can I afford the £23 a month contract. Moreover I tried phoning Adobe to explain the situation and was left to talk with a guy who could barely speak English and had a lack of manners. He refused to do anything so I tried calling again, they said they'll process it within 48 hours. 3 days later I get a warning email from Adobe saying billing failed because I don't have enough in my paypal to pay for it.

All I did with the trial is download one template for illustrator and thats all for my media project as I am a student. How am I meant to pay this huge £123 fine? Utterly ridiculous that Adobe refuses to do anything about it, I'm really stuck and I don't know what to do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'FREE TRIAL WITH RISK-FREE CANCELLATION' - .... I am the next one disapointed with Adobe Scam !! Never will say a good word about that company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This offer is for new Adobe Stock customers only and cannot be combined with other offers.  This plan entitles you to Standard licenses only. One offer per Adobe Stock customer. Service begins from the moment that you activate this trial period by submitting your payment details.  You will not be charged for the first month’s billing cycle.  You’ll be charged the rate stated above, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month starting with the second month’s billing cycle for the duration of your first annual contract.  If the applicable VAT rate (or other included tax or duty) changes during your one-year term, the tax-inclusive price will adjust accordingly.  Cancellations can be made any time by visiting your Manage Account page or by contacting Customer Support in your region.  If you cancel during the first month billing cycle, your credit card will not be charged and your service will continue until the end of that first month’s billing cycle.  If you cancel within 14 days after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be fully refunded.  If you cancel the service after the 14th day after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period. After the first year, your contract will renew automatically on your annual renewal date until you cancel and you will be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase every month for the duration of each annual renewal term subject to the cancellation policies above. We’ll always notify you of your renewal, and any change in renewal rates, beforehand. Unused downloads from a monthly allowance of your annual plan accumulate and carry over for up to 12 consecutive billing cycles only if you have renewed the Adobe Stock subscription without letting it lapse and without repacking it with a lesser value subscription.  Unused downloads (A) are subject to a cap of a maximum of twelve times your monthly allowance; and (B) automatically expire on a rolling basis 12 monthly billing periods after the date when they were first allocated.  When your subscription ends, you will forfeit all rights to any unused downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

exactly what I thought

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started