Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

credits on posters

Participant ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the FAQ/ Usage and Licensing

In answer to the question: Do I need to add a photo credit?

“We require a photo credit to be added only when using the image in an editorial article or for social media.

Elsewhere in this forum it implies that one has to use credits … I am confused. I am creating some posters for resale (purchasing the extended license) From the FAQ response it seems I don’t have to credit Adobe or the photographer … right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Hi Lyn

It depends how the image is being used eg for social media use you need to include a copyright notice.  However, this is not required on items for resale.  Please refer back to the Stock terms for details.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your response is unclear ... are you saying I MUST use a credit and that the information in the FAQ is INCORRECT?

“We require a photo credit to be added only when using the image in an editorial article or for social media.

Or are you saying that providing the credit is optional???  PLEASE CLARIFY YOUR RESPONSE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please accept my apologies for being little unclear.

Having an extended license gives you liberty to sell your image - gain monetary benefit and removes print restrictions but when it comes to editorial use, we need to embark credit as: Agency Name/Author Name - stock.adobe.com

Reference: Stock photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos | Adobe Stock

• May not be used for commercial purposes such as advertisements, promotions, advertorials, merchandise, etc. - even if you have obtained an extended license.
  • When editorial images are used in print, websites, blogs, and so on, you must include the credit line shown on the site and contained in the IPTC credit line field, i.e., “Agency Name/Author Name - stock.adobe.com.

Also, please go through section 3.4 of: http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Terms-en_US-20161015_2200.pdf

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of sounding dimwitted ... can you tell me where to look for the term 'for editorial use only' ... for example I want to use this image for a poster ... I don't see any mention of 'editorial use' ... Perhaps I am misunderstanding the term "editorial use" ...

500_F_25148003_i4OxMDm1fJdn3MgyPVZQi8Rxp3iDtvSR.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't currently offer assets that are for editorial use only, which is why you won't see any images labeled as such.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying that Bev. Being very clear on how images are treated becomes extremely important in the event issues come up and lawyers get involved ...

So to be absolutely clear:  when I use an Adobe Stock image (not editorial) I DO NOT NEED TO CREDIT EITHER THE PHOTOGRAPHER OR ADOBE STOCK ... right?

tx

Lyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyn

It depends how the image is being used eg for social media use you need to include a copyright notice.  However, this is not required on items for resale.  Please refer back to the Stock terms for details.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Bev for the clarification. I am no using these images on social media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started