Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

running Lightroom cat from HFS+ volume in Windows

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I currently run Lightroom on a dual boot machine running OS X and Windows. The Lightroom catalogue & images reside on an NTFS volume and I have been running Lightroom in both OS's with no issues at all. I use OS X more than Windows on the machine now and I am considering converting the data volume to HFS+ thus accessing the Lightroom catalogue in WIndows from a Mac drive. Has anyone had any experience with this setup? Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers, Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows can NOT read or write to Apple HFS+ formatted drives. I don't personally know of any Windows program that can give Windows the ability to read and write directly to Apple formatted drives. There may be some and Google would be a good place to start looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Paragon HFS+ for to give Windows read/write access to a Mac volume and Paragon NTFS to give OS X read/write access to a Windows volume. So both OS's have been playing very nicely together for a very long time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

after reading the performance of lightroom is much better in windows, i have decided to give this setup a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

Windows can NOT read or write to Apple HFS+ formatted drives. I don't personally know of any Windows program that can give Windows the ability to read and write directly to Apple formatted drives. There may be some and Google would be a good place to start looking.

Just as there are OSX apps which allow read/write access to NTFS drives, there are some Windows apps to allow either read-only access, or indeed full read/write access to HFS+ formatted drives. I haven't personally used any of these apps, though Paragon is a recognised name in this area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines