Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Lightroom CC 2015.9 crashes very often

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

After update to lightroom 2015.9 and start process pictures in develop module, ir crashes very frecuently, Lightroom just stop working and a MACOS error appears to restart the program

in last 30 min, 4 times, Very hard to work like this, not acceptable I would say.

Thanks for feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Fjell,

this looks very much like a real bug or a hardware problem. You should post your problem on https://feedback.photoshop.com. Actual Adobe engineers look at that and will try and reproduce it. My guess is that this is an issue with the graphic card support. Does disabling GPU acceleration (in Preferences->Performance) help?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Israelsn

Could you please follow the steps in Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ and let us know if that helps?

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash

My graphic card doesn't support graphic hardware acceleration, so check bax is and was already disabled. This might not be the issue

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you had no crashes what so ever with the previous version that was installed? And what version was that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have updated CC everytime an new version appears, don't know which was the previous one, but it was OK till now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version and what hardware are you using? It is quite odd that your GPU is not supported if you're on a Mac as I think Adobe supports all of the very limited number of models Apple puts out (easy to do if there are so few options)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last MacOS version in a macbook pro early 2011. GPU is no the list of not supported by lightroom for harware acceleration, intel HD 3000. But till now this was not a problem, just a limitation that makes it slowlier I guess.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it actually gives you an option to disable it it probably actually is supported but that is probably the last version that isn't supported indeed. It shouldn't matter. The constant crashing does point to a hardware issue though and it is probably worthwhile to check that. There are hardware test utilities you can run from the recovery partition but you can also bring it over to an Apple store (if there is one nearby you) and have them run the test for you. It is possible that this problem only got triggered by the update not because the update is the problem but because it is now stressing a different part of the system than it was before. I would try reverting to LR 2015.8 and see if that helps. Instructions here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I installed the latest version CC 2015.9 I got serious crashes. When I'm working in develop mode the screen gets a lot of small dots all over and everything hang up. I have to force the computer to shut down. When I restart there is yellow vertical lines over the screen with about 5" between, and the computer do not start. I have to start in error safe mode two times to get the computer back to work. Same thing have happened two times.

This did not happened in the version prior to this. There was a problem with the tools panes on both sides of the image went away and left black areas, and I have to close and reopen the app to get them back, but that was not a problem as serious as this.

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fjell,

this looks very much like a real bug or a hardware problem. You should post your problem on https://feedback.photoshop.com. Actual Adobe engineers look at that and will try and reproduce it. My guess is that this is an issue with the graphic card support. Does disabling GPU acceleration (in Preferences->Performance) help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jao, Yes disabling GPU acceleration might help, but it's a bit early to say for sure. What is actually the difference...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your machine disabling the gpu acceleration should speed up processing by quite a bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think so, and so far it seems to solve the problem. I'll go on with this settings and hope it keeps running... Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was a hardware problem...

The problem came back and I have to bake the graphic card to fix the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1DXBLkiqFM

Now it's running all right again.

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines