• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change surface/toolbar in after effects CC from dark grey to light grey?

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, maybe it is a stupid beginner question.

But i can't find any answer, no matter where I search for it.

In Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign I can easliy switch the color of my surface/toolbar from dark grey to light grey.

In after effects I can't find any such settings.

Is there a method or do I have to work all the time in this dark grey background?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Martin, if you go to After Effects>Preferences>Appearance, you can change the brightness of the After Effects Interface I dont know of a way, to change just the brightness of the tool-bar though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Once Upon A Time, the interface looked a lot like this here web site -- white and shades of light gray.  Makes you wonder why the Adobe thought dark gray was better.  I certainly don't think it is.  It's just as crummy as an Avid interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, for my late answer, but i'm new to this all and it costs some time to understand how it works.

Thank you for yourt answer. I've allready found this ability to change the brightness, but it does not lead to what i want.

In Photoshop i can change the complete surface by one click, including toolbars etc.

Don't understand why there is no possibility in AE.

I agree with Dave above: I also certainly don't think this dark grey background is any better than the light grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you would like After Effects to provide further options for UI color, please file a feature request here.

For what it's worth, I really like the darker color. I find it reduces eye strain and helps me see what I'm working on. I have AE and Premiere set to the darkest setting for the background and then slightly tweak the highlight colors brighter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines