• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor sticks to adjustment values and sliders (PS CC2017)

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been observing this behavior in many versions of photoshop and it still happens in version 2017.0.1
The cursor sticks to the values and sliders of certain adjustments. For example, when modifying a curves adjustment layer, if I create a point on a curve and drag the point up or down, when I release the mouse/pen, sometimes the point still moves with the cursor. It doesn't "unclick" until I click again somewhere else. The same happens when using the mouse/pen to modify layer and tool values like opacity, fill, etc. This is a very frustrating behavior of the UI especially for professionals who need to work fast.

Is this something I can fix myself?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you could try to identify what triggers this "sometimes behavior" What OS what hardware what addons you have install your envirement

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty straight forward. PS CC2017.0.1 in OSX Sierra. It has happened on previous versions both of OSX and Photoshop.

No error messages.
-Nvidia GTX980ti, 32Gb of RAM, Corei7 4770K.

The problem is just as I describe it. If I use the pen to move a slider such as the layer opacity slider, or modify a value in an adjustment layer, sometimes the adjustment keeps sliding even though I've raised the pen, so it's not clicked. It also happens when I click on a layer on the layers tab, the layer sticks to my cursor as if I was trying to move it up or down the layers list.

It happens mainly with large images that contain a lot of layers (100% of my work) and, as with many other photoshop bugs, I've learned to live with it. It feels like photoshop hasn't noticed that I've unclicked until I click again somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omar,

I experience the same thing on my Mac. I use an Intuos Pro 5 tablet, and have figured it's a tablet issue, not a PS issue but maybe I am wrong. Do you also use a tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue with me.

Just found the solution, As my windows magnifier is on and that is creating the problem only. When I switch off the magnifier the problem goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines