• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Today after rendering in premier elements ALL video players crash with any file.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I spent most of my day trying to fix my PC. I have used premiere elements 9 for years and never had issues. Today I finished a render and when opening it Media player crashed... I tried again, it also crashed. I tried a different format and that crashed. I tried as finished one from last week, now its crashed. Tried Real player... now it crashes. Tried some MP3 they now crash. Thinking I have been hacked I do a full scan. Then a system restore. No use. The only player that works is VLC player. So I resolved to just do a complete install of windows and wipe the drive. Now I go home and get back to rendering a different video, not the same no files were transferred. All was well the video was rendered and as sooon as I opened it..... Crash now I cant open videos with media player or real player or ITunes at home. WHAT DID PREMIERE ELEMENTS DO?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you've been using version 9 for several years and you've never had any issues, it's pretty clear something is up that's beyond the program.

I don't know that we can be much help on this forum.There's certainly not been anything new added to Premiere Elements 9 in the past couple of weeks that changed it in any way.

Is this the only program that's giving you problems? What operating system are you using? What processor, how much RAM and how much free, clean defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the program?

If your computer is otherwise running perfectly, try downloading the free trial of version 15 and see if it gives you better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any error messages?

If so, what do they say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick time gave error -2048:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Quicktime do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but it only has effected file that are Elements 9 related. I ordered Elements 15 and have uninstalled 9. Some file still fail. It all worked till I tried to open a newly rendered file. Windows did an update Thurs and Friday and that may have caused an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thekerusso  wrote

Windows did an update Thurs and Friday and that may have caused an issue.

In that case, use System Restore to see if that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines