• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize the contents of every page

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've put together a 176 page graphic novel where each page consists of a single png image. Every png is the same dimensions and the same position on the page. I'd like to scale all of those images by a set amount. Is there a simple way to do it?

I know I can batch scale everything in Photoshop but I'm hoping InDesign has a simpler solution.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Cmd+Opt+4 is the Transform Again command. Without resorting to a script, this function, under the Object menu > Transform Again, allows you to go to each page, select the graphic, and perform the same change as the first one you did.

To speed that up a bit, you could also use the Find/Change dialog (Object tab) to Find Next to the graphic on the next page. It would become a rhythmic matter of pressing Opt+Cmd+F to go to the next frame; then press Cmd+Opt+4 to perform the Transform Again command w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd+Opt+4 is the Transform Again command. Without resorting to a script, this function, under the Object menu > Transform Again, allows you to go to each page, select the graphic, and perform the same change as the first one you did.

To speed that up a bit, you could also use the Find/Change dialog (Object tab) to Find Next to the graphic on the next page. It would become a rhythmic matter of pressing Opt+Cmd+F to go to the next frame; then press Cmd+Opt+4 to perform the Transform Again command which repeats the first manual size transform you did on the first graphic frame.

If you would like to spend more time on a script that zips thru the whole thing, but with a bit of code tinkering, I saw this in the forums:

Simple Graphics Frame Resize Script

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael, that did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd like to scale all of those images by a set amount. Is there a simple way to do it?

Probably too late, but the script would be simple because you want to scale all of the document graphics to the same percentage

This javaScript would scale all the document's PNGs to 75% from the center—just change the 75s to your desired percentage.

app.layoutWindows[0].transformReferencePoint=AnchorPoint.CENTER_ANCHOR

var a = app.activeDocument.allGraphics

for(var i=0; i < a.length; i++){

a.absoluteHorizontalScale=75;

a.absoluteVerticalScale=75;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines