• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple text rollover not working

Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I creating text boxes, e.g. "HOME" and then linking them to sections in my site, i,e, to my home page. The link works but I noticed the states feature to create a rollover effect do not work. The work around is importing simple menu graphic buttons from Photoshop but this is annoying. As I stated in an earlier post, I messed up by upgrading to Muse 2017 which apparently left some features out from previous versions. And the previous version is not available on my Creative Cloud app. I guess what I'm asking for is a feature request to apply state and rollover effects to a text box. In the meantime, is there a Muse widget I can download that will fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Indie767  wrote

I guess what I'm asking. which version of Muse is the most stable? 

I think you are missing the point... Muse is a web design software and the web changes all the time, so if you want something that stays the same then you need to consider another carrer.

The current version of Muse is always the best version to use (dispite any bugs) because it needs to play nice with devices on the internet so using old versions will only work if the host server is 'out of date' and the people

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

text already has state options by default mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,Ussnorway,

I do know how to use the state function. I can make the rollover effects to text using the States menu but the desired rollover effect does not work when I preview in Muse or preview in a browser.  I found a workaround by creating a Button where I can achieve the rollover effects. It is a few extra steps but it works. It seems the latest version of Muse can't apply rollover effects to text boxes. I suppose Adobe will fix that in the next update.  In any case, I'm just playing and learning Muse for now and may actually use it someday when it's a bit more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, what you are doing, but states work fine on text boxes.

If this doesn't work for you, please give us a small example .muse file via Dropbox or a similar file sharing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what version of Muse does the states work on text boxes? I'll download that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have always been working, and they work in the latest version as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, states texts feature is not working in my current version. I shouldn't have to have to go to the trouble of uploading my Muse file for analysis. This should be a simple task. I'm venting but this software is extremely recalcitrant. Just when I cross one hurdle, another one appears. I guess what I'm asking. which version of Muse is the most stable? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indie767  wrote

I guess what I'm asking. which version of Muse is the most stable? 

I think you are missing the point... Muse is a web design software and the web changes all the time, so if you want something that stays the same then you need to consider another carrer.

The current version of Muse is always the best version to use (dispite any bugs) because it needs to play nice with devices on the internet so using old versions will only work if the host server is 'out of date' and the people 'visiting your site' don't have any modern devices.

p.s, once again the text box tool does have states and they work so please post a screenshot of the error you get at your end and a link to the .muse file if you want us to find the cause of your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't expect Muse or any program to stay the same. I do, however, expect features from previous versions to work on the most current version with constancy. I use Premiere Pro and Aftereffects on a regular basis and the fundamental tools are basically the same and always work from previous versions. That said, I solved this issue by simply starting a new project and rebuilding from scratch. Annoying but it worked. I think my challenge with Muse is that I don't have deep skills with Photoshop, a difficult and unfriendly program to use. After I learn PS, I think I will better understand Muse.

Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessary to learn Photoshop to understand Muse. If you did, as suggested, and gave us the .muse file, your problem probably would have been solved without restarting the whole project. But it's your decision …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is THIS the "correct" answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can go on having smalltalk for hours and hours here! I think, it is annoying, if one cries "bug!" without exactly showing us the issue.

Why – as already suggested – doesn’t the initial poster give us a sample .muse document, which demonstrates the issue? Upload this file to Dropbox or a similar service, give us the download link here and we’ll have a look! But for now, we can only guess, if an answer is correct or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines