• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos in Library Mode do not show Developed Changes after moving to new PC

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a PC and recently moved everything off one computer to another. I copied everything under Pictures to the new PC and installed from scratch Adobe CC. THE USER NAME IS DIFFERENT ON THE NEW PC FROM THE OLD PC (I have a hunch this may be the problem).

Everything is working fine in Lightroom. All the photos and libraries and adjustments moved over just fine (about 10,000 photos). I have imported and run quite a few photos through it, developed and exported etc...

The only problem I have is that the pictures in Library Mode always display the raw file rather than the developed file. This applies to new and moved files.

I thought at first that it always did this and looked at the old PC and saw that the Library mode displayed the developed photos.

I have reset preferences with no change.

I did when I first restarted the new Lightroom on the new PC get a message about user name changing. I do not remember exactly what it said, but I accepted it and moved on.

Can I fix this?

Is it the different user name in Windows causing the problem? (I am having trouble setting up the same user sub account in Windows 10, but if that is the problem I will continue to work on it).

I can easily start again if I have made a mistake as my old PC is still here.

All versions of everything are up to date as of today.

My apologies if this has been answered before. I could not find on the forums this.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only problem I have is that the pictures in Library Mode always display the raw file rather than the developed file. This applies to new and moved files.

I would check to see if you have a bad monitor profile

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The set up is as you indicate...but you got me thinking about the display and driver.

I have enable graphics card turned on in Lightroom. I have a supported NVIDIA driver in the new machine as well as old. When I turn off the enable graphics card in preferences in Lightroom, the "developed" photo will no longer render with the changes. It is now the same as the library photo which also shows no changes made to the photo. I have reinstalled the newest graphics drivers for both the NVIDIA card as well as the monitor (BENQ 2411) to no avail. I have disabled the NVIDIA driver and no proper rendering of the photo in either library or develop mode.

So it would seem my situation is that the photos only render properly in Develop mode if I have enabled the NVIDIA driver in Lightroom, but never renders properly in either Library mode or Develop mode if I am using the built in Intel video driver.

This seems to point to some kind of video card issue in the computer. I will investigate.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied everything under Pictures to the new PC

Did this include your Catalog file?  (xxxxx.LRCAT)

adjustments moved over just fine

Again- Do you mean the Catalog opened fine, and you can see history for any developed images in the Develop Module?

I have imported and run quite a few photos through it

Does this mean you created a 'new' catalog and re-imported all your photos on the new PC ?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have double checked everything.

My catalogs moved over and opened just fine. All photos are there. All adjustment history is there. New photos were imported into existing catalogs. I will run a test though of creating a new catalog and importing some new photos to see if I experience the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post two screenshots of the entire Lightroom window - one with an image open in Library, and one of the same image in Develop? Make sure that the histogram is visible in both screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines