• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to match photos to tracklog

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently came back from holidays and have a set of photos and tracklogs that I would like to match. I have done this procedure once before, with a different set of photos and tracklogs and was able to add the location data to the photos, but somehow now I can't get it to work...

I have put a photo and tracklog in a dropbox link:

Dropbox - Lightroom

I have Lightroom 6.9 (standalone version). The tracklog and photo are from 11-03-2017.

When I load the tracklog in Lightroom, I see that the start and end of the track are 09.00-11.32 (opening LR in CET timezone). When I look at the datetime of my photo in LR it says 11-03-2017 10:23:37. Based on this I would say it should find a match, but when I select "Select photos in tracklog", LR shows the response that 0 have been selected.

I have also played with the timezone difference settings, but to no success.

I must be missing something here. Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Looks like your Camera was still set to your local time at home when you took the photos on your trip.

I needed to set Tracklog offset time to +6 hours in order to get a match.

With map module open choose from the menu

MAP > Tracklog > Time Zone Offset

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your Camera was still set to your local time at home when you took the photos on your trip.

I needed to set Tracklog offset time to +6 hours in order to get a match.

With map module open choose from the menu

MAP > Tracklog > Time Zone Offset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently I forgot how LR works. I was assuming that "Select Photos on Tracklog" would select the photos that match the tracklog, before actually tagging them, like a preview. But that function seems to select the photos only after they have actually been tagged.

The offset of +6 hours was indeed what needed to be done. Camera was still on local time at home.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines