• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suing Photoshop [How to reinstall Creative Suite CS4 on Sierra?]

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to start a class act against photoshop. I am wondering how many of you are interested in joining me.

I have thousands of dollars invested in these programs and none will work unless I have an outdated computer.

who of you like this. I think we can join together have a plugin to help us use our programs that we bought

and paid for, I believe it is our right to use a program that we own.

yea right I can't use this because I have an updated computer

you can e-mail me at [Personal info removed by Mod - use PM to contact]

sincerely Karon Price

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

This video will show you. Fix - Can't Install Photoshop CS5 on macOS Sierra (Also CS4 & CS6) - YouTube

Substitute your Photoshop CS4 installer for the example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find it difficult suing an application. Most people sue companies. As far as what you stated, are you using old versions of PS that no longer work on modern computers? If so that would be a matter of computer makers not making their OS backward compatible, which Apple is notorious for doing. All software are subject to these changes. It's not just PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm going to get someone to help me find out who is responsible for us not being able to use what I have paid thousands of dollars in investing in something without warning don't upgrade because we are going to cheat you in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off what Adobe product are you trying to install?  OSX 10.12.3 user myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CS4 Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium

there does not seem to be a DL for this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's there.

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 10.10.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There when I go there it does not show the product that I need to download I know what you sent me I downloaded that and it is telling me I have the wrong serial number for I will show you what I have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are all there.

Which exact Creative Suite CS4 do you have a serial number for? There are 6 possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 Design Premium is short for: Creative Suite (version 4) Design Premium

Click on the blue arrow next to it to see your download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 12.26.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-19 at 12.26.54 AM.pngAdobe Creative Suite Design Premium

I don't see my Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cs4-design-premium-download-link.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are effectively asking, is for progress to be curtailed.  That a line be drawn at the precise point in time that you bought your copy of Photoshop, and that no future versions be allowed to evolve along with computer hardware.

I can remember the 'Out of memory' errors in the days of CS4 and CS5, when we were moving from 32bit to 64bit computer hardware and operating systems.  32bit would only allow us to use about 3.5Gb RAM, and Photoshop could only access about 1.6Gb.  Nowadays we all have 64bit systems, and I don't think they even make a 32bit version of Photoshop CC 2017, and nor did they with CC2016.

It was the same with the migration from Adobe Flash to HTML5 for plug-ins and Extensions.  Our old extensions would not long run on CC 2014.1 systems and later, which was a PITA, but there is no denying that Flash was past its sell by date, so we had to suck it, and eventually, most of the old plug-ins migrated to HTML5.

You had a version of Photoshop that ran with your old computer hardware.  They were contemporary and compatible.  You have altered one half of that arrangement but not the other, and no court is going to have sympathy for your situation.  It's like saying that your brand new super car won't run on the paraffin that your vintage jalopy was perfectly happy to chug along with.  Not even Donald Trump would try to make that a valid argument.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about the Donald Trump thing because that man sued over someone saying his mother was a baboon and he won the lawsuit the funny thing is is that the man that said his mother was a baboon is intention was to get Donald Trump's birth certificate onto my problem I believe that I do have a case against these companies you just can't sell things for thousands of dollars and then say well we're not going to accommodate you anymore.

I wish I was a pirate I wish I was one of those people that was stealing all of those apps stealing all of those plugins stealing everything and then I wouldn't feel like this you see but no I had to be an outstanding citizen and do everything the way that God would have me to do pay for it and this is what I get for being a citizen that did that steal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about the Donald Trump thing because that man sued over someone saying his mother was a baboon and he won the lawsuit the funny thing is is that the man that said his mother was a baboon is intention was to get Donald Trump's birth certificate onto my problem I believe that I do have a case against these companies you just can't sell things for thousands of dollars and then say well we're not going to accommodate you anymore.

I wish I was a pirate I wish I was one of those people that was stealing all of those apps stealing all of those plugins stealing everything and then I wouldn't feel like this you see but no I had to be an outstanding citizen and do everything the way that God would have me to do pay for it and this is what I get for being a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I was a pirate I wish I was one of those people that was stealing all of those apps stealing all of those plugins stealing everything and then I wouldn't feel like this you see but no I had to be an outstanding citizen and do everything the way that God would have me to do pay for it and this is what I get for being a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karonxls  wrote

none will work unless I have an outdated computer.

None? Lots of people are using older versions on current computers. Can you give us some specifics?

Which version of Photoshop and other Adobe software do you own?

Are you using Mac or Windows? What are the hardware specs?

Which operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Sierra 10.12.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 I'm trying to get my Photoshop creative Suites 4 I have the key as in the serial number and it's not working0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use Terminal to run the installer. I will be back with the specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that could help if I knew how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have your serial numbers ready.

Download the CS4 Suites here  Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) products

Be sure you get the correct one. They are .dmg files.

Again read careffully and follow the instructions. It's how you will know how to do it.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there does not seem to be a DL for this one

it is late and I have been trying lots of different things

you all have been very helpful maybe tomorrow I can get this sorted out

with the help of all of you I simply can not afford what they are asking

of me.

I am on a fixed income I am a disabled veteran and I only get so much a month,

I had been making a few bucks doing what I love to do and this happens.

thank you all for your help I need to find the right DL

it is Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium I have the serial number

however not sure if they are going to let me use it.

everything I bought sin my adobe ID page so they know I bought it and registered all my products I have bought from them

Thank you again I see you all in the AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I begin with CS then CS2 CS3 CS4 CS5 they were $699 every single time I had to upgrade now to me I think there's something wrong with this just add that up that doesn't include all the OnOne software or any of the other plugins that I bought throughout the years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines