• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Sony ARW raw files into Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Sony mirrorless camera which uses an ARW raw file extension.  I am still using LR 4.4 and it does not recognize this file type in the preview window.  Is there an update or driver that I can get so that my version of LR will open these?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to either upgrade to LR 6 of the CC Photographers plan or use the free Adobe DNG converter program to convert the arw files to dng files to import them into LR 4.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a list of all the cameras supported by Camera Raw and Lightroom. The list indicates the minimum version of Lightroom required to support each camera. There are no updates to Lightroom 4.4 that will provide support for newer cameras. Your choice will be to either upgrade or download and use the  free DNG converter to create DNG copies of your raw files.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info from what has been already supplied by "Just Shoot Me" and "JimHess", Lightroom 4.4 was released by Adobe on February 25th 2013. (Four years ago.) This is the last update to Lightroom 4.

Adobe cannot begin to create profiles to support new camera models until the Camera Model has been released into the market.

Adobe usually updates the latest version on a quarterly basis. The latest version is Lightroom CC 2015.9 / 6.9. released on March 7, 2017.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I tried converting to DNG, but LR 4.4 still could not open the files.  It looks like my only option is to upgrade to CC which is not what I would like to do at this time.  Any other possibilities besides getting CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

charlesg26894886  wrote

I tried converting to DNG, but LR 4.4 still could not open the files.

Can you explain your workflow further? There should be no issue opening DNG files in 4.4 after conversion to DNG.

Which exact Sony camera model are you using? They all use the ARW Raw file extension but that format is unique to each model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines