• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I generate a pdf on a windows computer and send to someone using a mac. The file has a lot of gibberish when they receive it and when they send it back to me it is in a rtfd zip format.

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generate a pdf on a windows computer and send to someone using a mac.  The file has a lot of gibberish when they receive it and when they send it back to me it is in a rtfd zip format.  If I open the zip file I can find the original pdf.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi socalkid,

You've posted in the non-technical Lounge area of the forums. Please tell us which Adobe software application you're using to generate the PDF, and how; we'll move this post into the correct forum.

It will also also help if you describe the software application used by your colleague on the Mac side.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Acrobat Pro and generate the pdf by pronting from a word document.  Is that the detail you need?  Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to an Acrobat forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't sound like it would be a problem on your end. What is your colleague doing on th Mac? What Mac OS version, what viewing software, how are they receiving and opening the file?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just got off the phone with the individual and they are using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 (I believe it what she said). My wife attaches a pdf to an email (gmail) and sends to her. When it comes in it sounds like she does not receive an attachment, but the attachment is open in the body of the email. I just walked her through it and had her save it as a pdf. She then attached it to an email and sent it back to my wife and it came through ok. I believe before she when she was saving it she may have been saving it as RTF (or RTFD) by accident. Anyway, other than figuring out why the attachment comes embedded in the email I think we have figured out the issue. Thanks for your help.

Loyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some email applications try to display PDF files inline, instead of using

an external program to open them. Those built-in plugins are usually

sub-par, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines