Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 (not cc) not installing on MacBook Pro with OSX10.12

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I decided to upgrade to LR6 standalone from LR5. I've read that LR6 would not work with OSX 10.9 Mavericks so I first did a long-overdue update to Sierra 10.12 (after backing up to Time Machine of course).

I paid and downloaded the upgrade and provided the previous LR5 code.  I tried to install using the *.dmg file, without having any other apps open at the time, but all I get is a box stating: "Your installation encountered errors. Installer failed to initialise. This could be due to a missing file".

There is no error code.

I tried restarting the laptop and redownloading the software - no luck. (LR5 seems to continue working just fine)

Any ideas? Many thanks!

(I'm not a highly experienced Mac user but I'll find my way to a file or folder if I need to look for / delete something).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please download again from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the reply - I just tried using your link and scrolling down to "Download...Lightroom 6" and I'm getting exactly the same error... any other thoughts?

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 13.17.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you completely download first to your desktop and then start the installer from the desktop?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, of course, every time...

Any other ideas? Should I just use Time Machine to roll back to Mavericks, re-download LR6 and then see if it will work? (or is it sure not to?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have dowloaded the main LR 6 installer it is 724 MB then you could run the update patch for the latest version version LR 6.9

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 762.3MB apparently... see print screens from the version I downloaded this morning and the one from the link provided by F. McLion - the program size is identical:

Thanks for all the help by the way!  I've tried to look in a few places for other info but nothing seems to match perfectly.

One solution might be to uninstall all my Adobe products and start again? (Or would that delete LR catalogs? I don't want to rely 100% on the backup last night if I can avoid it...)

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 15.07.52.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-19 at 15.14.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can confidently uninstall and reinstall Lightroom. Doing so will have no effect on your images or the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK you have the correct installer.

Only other thing I can think of is to update the OS X 10.12 to the latest version 10.12.3, I recall that there were some issues with the initial release.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines