• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

easier way to switch between redaction overlay codes?

Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use redaction overlay codes (in Acrobat XI and DC) and need to be able to easily switch between the codes and make them default to do several of the same kind in sequence. The only way I see to switch in between is to first mark for redaction, right click on the marked area, select the code and make properties default. To switch I have to mark for redaction, right click, unselect the currently default code, select the code I now want and make those properties default. Or individually select for each mark for redaction. Is there an easier way?

Also, is there a way to see what redaction preferences are default without marking first? We use search and redaction, but without knowing what code is currently set to deafult, I have to mark something first to see what the default is currently set to so it will apply the correct redaction code after searching and redacting. Seems very cumbersome.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that either thing is possible.

It's possible to identify which codes were applied to a specific redaction annotation using a script, but that's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you create small redacted boxes at the top of page 1, in an area that you would expect to be blank on every page, it can act as a toolbar. 

For instance, if you have two types of redactions...

Create small boxes for each at the top of page 1 and attach a ***highly unique comment*** to both (explain why later).

Now you can right click and apply the redaction to every page. 

As you redact from page to page, right click on the one you want and make it default and then switch to the other doing the same thing. 

At the end.... To get rid of all the little boxes at the top, go to comments and filter by the ***highly unique comment*** and select all and delete. This will remove the little boxes at the top of each page. 

Be sure the comments are unique, it will create an issue if the comment is similar to another comment. When you apply the small box redaction to each page, the comment gets carried with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines