• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop sucks more and more with every update.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This recent update to photoshop is ruining my life,  I hate being on this creative cloud.  I realize updates are good, but not particuarlily for what I do.  I feel like I"m learning all over again.  Work is taking twice as long.  Brushes don't work the way they used to.  Artboards.  stupid window opens and keeps opening even after I changed preferences.  I'm so annoyed.  No specific question but wondering if it's just me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Which version are you accustomed to? You can go back as far as CC 2013. with your subscription. In fact, you can have all of the versions installed on your computer if you'd like. Only one can be actually open, of course.

To roll back to a previous version:

Previous Version 1.jpg

Previous Version 2.jpg

Previous Version 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you accustomed to? You can go back as far as CC 2013. with your subscription. In fact, you can have all of the versions installed on your computer if you'd like. Only one can be actually open, of course.

To roll back to a previous version:

Previous Version 1.jpg

Previous Version 2.jpg

Previous Version 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this. I'm sorry for my late reply.  I left to go fight with it and didn't come back.  I'm not a regular and forgot.  I don't want to revert to an old probram.  I like the new features Photoshop rolls out, but I hatre these crazy bew default iinterfaces like artboards.  I can't delete them, can't ungroup them.  Nlow all of my fonts are messed up.  Trying to use a Google font, Montserrat and it's all wrong.  For one font choice, it gives me thei choice of 3 different versions of it.  I don't mean bold and italics, but Latin, etc etc.   It's driving me nuts!  I do what I do in PS and I don't do  much more and i feel like every time I open it up after an update, I'm wasting tons of time re-learning. So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone. Photoshop has been absolute cr*p i n the last year. My productivity has sunk to an all time low. Changing preferences has only temporarily fixed the issue, after a few weeks it's back to lagging for me.

I have been spending more time on support than actual work in recent months and I keep asking myself each month what I'm paying for when it doesn't actually work properly. It's no longer becoming tenable nor is it worth the extortionate price tag and so I'm gradually making the switch to Sketch because not only is it cheaper but it works.

Good luck and I hope you can find a reasonable replacement. Adobe products are starting to be a total let down for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is horrible. How about drop Photoshop and bring back Fireworks. Fireworks was working fine for me until I updated to beta Mac OS 10.13. The update to Mac OS made the color palettes in Fireworks unusable.

I could create editable shapes and paths to convert to shapes in seconds in Fireworks. The same tasks tasks requires Illustrator, Photoshop and 10-20 minutes or more depending on difficulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree and can we simply have our scaling tools back to the way they were before?? at least have the option to decide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cole_J  wrote

I completely agree and can we simply have our scaling tools back to the way they were before?? at least have the option to decide?

No problem.  I pasted this in from this PTC page

1. Close PhotoshopPress Ctrl Q (Mac: Command Q) to close Photoshop.
  2. Open Notepad (Windows) or a text editor on Mac OSCreate a plain text file.
  3. Type the text below in the text file:TransformProportionalScale 0
  4. Save the file as “PSUserConfig.txt” to your Photoshop settings folder
    Windows: [Installation Drive]:\Users[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings\

macOS: //Users/[User Name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings/
  5. Open PhotoshopOnce photoshop opens again the Transformation will be legacy.

Note: If you are on a Windows PC and using the WinTab API, then you will already have a PSUserConfig.text file.  In that case just add the line

TransformProportionalScale 0

And re-save it to the same location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank god you can back date - because I agree with Trish - these updates are ruining professional lives. It's like you're complteley clueless. You're changing things that don't need changing - it's like you're dumbing it down.

Is this some kind of weird corporate agenda you have - piss off all the professionals?

I'm flabbergasted to be honest - definitely turning auto update off, and reverting.

Really pissed off right now I even have to think about this.

SO PISSED OFF (yes I really want you to get the point)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they get the message. Stop changing the GUI/interface!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, geez. I just updated to the most recent version and tried to make the simplest thing. A blue background with logo art on it and one line of type. Then I added a box on a new layer to cover up a part of the logo. The part I covered was kept, the rest got deleted. WTF??????

The ONLY change I want to see to the GUI is to be able to keep the high resolution on my monitor but make the font on the menus something a bit larger than 4 point-type. I don't want excuses why they can't do this. Figure it out. And fix the slow-as-molasses-on-the-planet-Neptune speed issue. I had programs running on an IBM-PC with the original 8088 processor that ran faster than this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old Mac at home running Photoshop 6 - not a problem in the world and I don't really miss any of the newer features...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, exactly. Most additions feel like they just interfere with what already worked fine. First I was trying to resize the canvas and instead of cropping as I expected it completely resized it...I'm not even sure what the logic was. I gave up on that and created a new document at the size I needed and transferred the layers over. Little did I know that if I had to disable artboards for it to export at the correct size. I was just trying to save for web (which they made legacy for some reason,) and then because of the new artboards it wouldn't export at the right size.

I realize that these things probably all work when you learn how to use them but its really frustrating for people who have an established workflow to open up a familiar piece of software and not be able to do the most basic of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines