• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having frequent issues exporting images

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit several dozen RAW files a week and export them to JPG. Since I upgraded from standalone to CC a few weeks ago, I frequently lose files when I export. Every 3-5 images, when I export to JPG, the export never finishes and the file never completes. I will have to close the program, break out of it in task manager, go to File Explorer and delete the 0 byte file(s). Then start over. This has gotten very frustrated and I'm ready to dust off my old standalone copy. Never had that problem in all the years I've been using LR since v2.

Any ideas or help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom? This sounds like a bug in a previous version of Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015.8 Release

Build 1099473

I thought CC updated auto-magically. Just checked updates and it says LR is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just started editing. 3rd image never finished exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't always update automatically and there are often people with problems here where it was never updated. How are you storing the images? Are they on an external disk? If so make sure the connection is good. Also try resetting the preferences ( See here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/​ That often seems to resolve problems like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are on the local drive. After restart last night was able to do another 10 images no problem. tonight 1st export hung up. I'll check resetting the preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a full reset. Things ok for a while. Got over a dozen images processed and exported. Now, it seems to be worse than ever. Every other image hangs up on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So am I the only one having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the problem. It is likely this is some interaction with your operating system or some other software you have installed. What OS do you have? What hardware? Any software that can interfere such as antivirus software (notorious for this sort of stuff)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10. I've changed AV software a couple of times. There is no consistency. Some days I can process dozens of images, others it freezes every other time. Doesn't matter whether PC has been running for days, or a fresh reboot. Never had the problem in versions 1 through 6. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update today

" Fixed export performance degradation issue."

Time will tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked flawlessly all day. Thanks. Took a lot of pain out of processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines