• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Needed: How Can I Download LR ver. 5?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a boxed CD disc version of LR 5 with a serial number. I would like to download it to my new 2016 MacBook Pro but, I do not have an external CD drive. Can I download it from the Adobe web site using my serial number? If so, could you point me in the right direction to do so? Thanks, Ray

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

I'm sorry what are you talking about "No Can Do".

You are the original poster asking where can you download LR 5.7.1 and you have 2 replies that point to where you can do that.

LR 5-7-1 web link.PNG

LR 5-7-1 DMG.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download & Install instructions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2003339

-kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2260248 will help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download it from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No can do...... It's the end of the road for those of us with LR 5.7.1 or under. In order to get LR 6 and above is with an upgrade which costs $79.00. LR 6.9 is the latest which tells me that in all likelihood that LR 7 is just around the corner. I.M.O. if you can wait, I would wait for that version simply do to the good possibility of paying for another upgrade........ Just my 2 cents. Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to download Lightroom 5.7.1. That was the last version of Lightroom 5, the only one you need.

Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry what are you talking about "No Can Do".

You are the original poster asking where can you download LR 5.7.1 and you have 2 replies that point to where you can do that.

LR 5-7-1 web link.PNG

LR 5-7-1 DMG.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry...... I thought I was responding to a different post in regards to updating to LR 6. Yes, I was able to download the 5.7.1 version. Looks like I'm going to have to move up to LR 6 and then upgrade to LR 6.9 in order to edit my Sony RX100V raw files which are .arw. As I stated earlier, I'm going to wait awhile to see if LR7 comes out. Thanks goes out to all of you that helped. I'm truly sorry for the mix up and I sincerely appreciated your help. Thanks again, Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RayPaula123  wrote

Looks like I'm going to have to move up to LR 6 and then upgrade to LR 6.9 in order to edit my Sony RX100V raw files which are .arw.

Or convert the ARW Raw files to DNG format using the free Adobe DNG converter, then edit the DNG files in LR 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John, I'll look into that. Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines