• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe 2015 LR 5.1: How-to Edit location of catalog backup

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied my lightroom catalog backup to an external drive (need drive space and will delete the old one) and want to enter the new location in the Catalog Settings dialog. I see no provision for doing that. I simply want to point it to the new file location so I can delete the old one to free up drive space there. TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

You can change the destination for your backups in the actual catalog backup dialog box:

Back_Up_Catalog_and_LR6_Master_Catalog_vR24_lrcat_-_Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom_-_Library.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the destination for your backups in the actual catalog backup dialog box:

Back_Up_Catalog_and_LR6_Master_Catalog_vR24_lrcat_-_Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom_-_Library.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for answering this. I appreciate it.  If it is allowed, I have a supplemental question regarding changing backup locations. If I were to designate a new, empty folder as the backup location and close out of LR and have it back up as usual, to the new folder,  would all the information I would need be in that folder? Or would I also have to transfer certain files from the old backups to the new folder. I have accumulated many backups. ♫

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each backup is a complete copy of the catalog (and only the catalog .lrcat file) as it is at that moment. So if I backup today and then tomorrow import another hundred photo files, tomorrow's backup will contain everything that today's does plus data about another hundred photos. I periodically delete old backups, leaving only the three or four most recent ones - although I must admit that since LR started Zip compressing the backups, I am less diligent about doing the deletions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Elie. Much appreciated. ♫

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You set the location in the backup dialog.

The next time Lightroom wants to do a backup, click Choose in the dialog, and set the new location.

backup-lr-catalog.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines