• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

interactive PDFs viewed on mobile: good idea?

Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID easily accepts video, but I'm wondering how practical it is when at least 50% of viewers will be on mobile. Does anyone have experience or advice? I want to create a downloadable sales brochure  that could also be used as an emailed PDF attachment.

Or, I could take a shot of the video and fake a video play button that would link them to the website video. I don't want a blank space on brochure where the video should be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Video will not play in interactive PDF on most mobile devices—including Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS or Android! This is because the great majority of PDF readers don't support it.

There are a couple PDF readers you can pay for (like PDF Expert) which will work but that won't be a satisfying experience for a majority of your readers/viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video will not play in interactive PDF on most mobile devices—including Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS or Android! This is because the great majority of PDF readers don't support it.

There are a couple PDF readers you can pay for (like PDF Expert) which will work but that won't be a satisfying experience for a majority of your readers/viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1 to all that Steve said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines