Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

active state inside a composition does not appear at anchor position

LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am almost satisfied with this design JUFAZ​.  But for one small issue I cannot find the solution.

The buttons on the left side, which work quite as expected for scrolling up and down do not show

active states, once the anchor position is reached.

It should look like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-20 um 00.13.30.png

In Desihn mode it shows up but not on the published site.

If one needs a file, watch this: Homepage ​. You can download if necessary.

There was a small hope, that it works at avery reduced site, but unfortunately no.

Any help is much appreciated

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

The problem is, that it is not as your posting caption says an "Active state inside a composition", but an active state of a composition trigger.

What you have done, is linking the trigger of a composition to an anchor, what causes a technical unclear situation:

The trigger normally "indicates, which target (for example "Teamvorstellung") is or will be activated. You want in addition, that this trigger shines up, when the anchor is reached – a typical "double bind" situation: The trigger can’t do

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, that it is not as your posting caption says an "Active state inside a composition", but an active state of a composition trigger.

What you have done, is linking the trigger of a composition to an anchor, what causes a technical unclear situation:

The trigger normally "indicates, which target (for example "Teamvorstellung") is or will be activated. You want in addition, that this trigger shines up, when the anchor is reached – a typical "double bind" situation: The trigger can’t do both: Indicate the active target of the composition and the active trigger position.

Easiest Solution:

Don’t use a composition widget, but 5 states buttons, and link these buttons to the anchors. You can style these buttons so, that they look exactly like your composition. For example, set the opacity of the text boxes within these buttons to 0 % in normal state, and to 100 % in rollover and active state (or whatever you want).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was just thinking of this at last but as always much slower than you do.

That´s the first time I must use this widget. Great. Go, get the cup – los hol Dir die Tasse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time to use a states button? Have a very(!) close look at it! It is the most valuable and yet most underestimated widget in the Muse world!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was quite tricky. I thought:" let´s link every part of the widget", but that was so wrong. I then did, as it comes out of the box, to set the corresponding link only to the overall widget, and boom.

Watch: JUFAZ

Can I place this state button widget into a composition as well?

To be honest, since now, there´s only a small glimpse to my mind about this widget.

There´s no real trigger and target – I guess I can replace the grey circle with almost everything?

But I will keep it in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works within a composition as well (but not in the way, you wanted to achieve in your inital posting )

The titbit of states button: You can place everything into it and apply different state attributes to every element within the button (a rectangle changing colours, a text box changing transparency, an image getting a shadow and a outline, …) .

When you rollover the button, every state of every object within the button will be triggered, even it you don’t touch it directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, on the website Foerderverein der Realschule Gaggenau , I used a widget from another template. I didn`t look too properly and thought, it is a composition (which it is) but it contains many state buttons. So this could have answered, if state buttons can be placed in other widgets.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-20 um 12.47.24.png

There´s one more additional question. In this composition the "Ausloeser" is on top of the widget (red square). What is this needed for.

What does it say: "Ausloeser oben"

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-20 um 12.54.36.png

Where else should it be?

And, finally, is it the only advantage, to put state buttons in a composition, that it is easy to move?

Thanks

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can hide the trigger(s) behind the target(s) or you can place the trigger(s) in front of the target(s). Where is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For which reason should I hide the trigger?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Think of an automatically playing "slideshow", where you don’t want the user to interfere, for example. In this case – as one example – you can hide the triggers behind the targets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines