• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"connection error" for Flash Player (Firefox v52) install on Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run out of ideas on this.  Trying to install the latest version of Flash Player, since Firefox has disabled the version I had (24 something).  I've uninstalled that version hoping that might help.  But it did not.

I have Windows 10 (upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium), and the very latest Firefox (52.0.1, a totally fresh, clean install by the way)

I go to the install page, deselect the option offers, click the "Install Now"  button, save the download, exit Firefox, and then run the downloaded installer.

I see this:

It hangs at 4%, then in about 30 seconds, I get this:

Same result before and after I uninstalled Flash 24.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Hi sanfranca1@pacbell.net

Thank you for providing the information.  The online installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  It's possible Zone Alarm is preventing this background downloading and resulting in the connection error.  To confirm, you can disable Zone Alarm and run the Flash Player online installer.  If it succeeds Zone Alarm was the culprit.  If you'd rather not disable Zone Alarm (totally understandable), the offline installer is posted at the bottom o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please share the Adobe_ADM.log and FlashInstall.log from your machine. To know the location of the log files please go through Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? page. Share the files How to share a document and post a link to the uploaded/shared files here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the files:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

As the instructions said both 32 bit & 64 bit flashinstall.log files are required for a 64 bit Windows, I renamed them (copies, not the originals) by putting 32 & 64 in the names.

Thanks for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI sanfranca1@pacbell.net

Do you use a proxy server?  Please go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings.  In the 'Local Area Network (LAN) Settings' window, which checkbox is selected, if any?

Do you use anti-virus software?  If so, which one, including version, are you using?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

LAN Settings:  only "Automatically detect settings" is checked.

I use Zone Alarm Extreme Security v15.0.159.17147 and

Malwarebytes Home Premium v 2.2.1.1043

Thanks,

Carey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sanfranca1@pacbell.net

Thank you for providing the information.  The online installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  It's possible Zone Alarm is preventing this background downloading and resulting in the connection error.  To confirm, you can disable Zone Alarm and run the Flash Player online installer.  If it succeeds Zone Alarm was the culprit.  If you'd rather not disable Zone Alarm (totally understandable), the offline installer is posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'still having problems' section.

I will forward this information to the online installer team to inform them of the issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

I believe I had seen that link for the offline installer before.  However, it says Windows 7 and earlier.  I have Windows 10, although it is the free upgrade that Microsoft made available; I was upgrading from Win 7.

So my question is this:  is this offline installer appropriate for my Win 10, since it was originally Win 7?

Thanks,

Carey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, it's appropriate since you're using the NPAPI plugin.  Everything non-IE on that page applies to Windows 8.1 and 10.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Problem is, when I click on that link (NPAPI), I get an error.  Also cannot be opened in Chrome or IE.

If I click on the "Try Again", I get a slightly different Error Code:

Per your earlier suggestion, I will torn off Zone Alarm (and turn on Windows Defender), and try to do the install again.

Thanks,

Carey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

Wow, turns out that Zone Alarm was the problem after all.  I have never observed that behavior before, and I will certainly notify them about it.  Zone Alarm was also the culprit in the error (noted above) when trying to download the offline installer.

Thanks,

Carey Houk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update.  I'll pass this along to the appropriate folks.

<edit>

The installer team replied to the email I sent them yesterday.  We upload all files to the VirusTotal site, which a number of a/v companies use to whitelist files.  According to the VirustTotal information on the installation file you were using, Zone Alarms has whitelisted the file, so it shouldn't be interfering with the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines