• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use for Signing in Reader DC

Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have just been issued a Digital Certificate from Exostar FIS, for Digital Signature (as detailed in the KU extension). In the Digital ID and Trusted Certificate Settings menu I can see it, I can view it, but I can't select "Use for Signing". Why not?

Cert details:

Signature algorithm: SHA256 RSA

Validity ends: 2018/03/07

Key usage: Digital Signature

EKU: Client Authentication; 1.3.6.1.5.2.3.4

Public Key: RSA (2048 bits)

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mdunk,

You may have to check with certificate issuer.

There have been some changes in this area.If the certificate has not a particular value the certificate won't be used for signature purposes. You may visit this page A: Changes Across Releases — Digital Signatures Guide for IT

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

From the link in your response I see no reason the Exostar Certificate would not be allowed for signing. What are the criteria Reader DC uses to determine if a certificate can be used for signing? I can then confirm with the issuer if their certificate meets these requirements.

Many thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matt,

Let us know how the certificate issuer respond to your query about the requirements of the certificate with Reader?

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines