Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording an Assessment

Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recording an assessment but the result is like a demonstration. Captivate is not automatically creating the clickboxes.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2008 Aug 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could check the Edit Preferences... Mode(s) settings for the project and make sure that the Assessment Simulation settings include clickboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I did look at that and it is checked so I'm puzzled as to why it is not working. I am wondering if it has something to do with the application I am trying to capture. It is a proprietary piece of software - windows based. I tried creating an assessment inOutlook just to test it and it worked, as it should, created the clickboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaden

If it's an incompatibility with the application, here is a way you may work past it. Create a remote desktop connection between the recording PC (the one with Captivate installed on it) and the PC with the application. Then use Captivate to record the remote desktop while you drive things remotely.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2008 Aug 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know of you have ever seen this but I am trying to create a software training and when I select create a new project it will not let me change it from Demo mode to assesment. I have tried changing through Edit >> Preferences, as well as Through Settings on the Record popup screen but they remain greyed out and i cannot change them! I have even tried different applications to record but nothing changes.

Has anyone seen this and worked through it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2008 Sep 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
ladyarwen3,

This sounds like Captivate is not installed properly. On my version using Full Motion Recording causes the selections to grey out but I can still change them through the Settings button. Captivate 3 even allows you to make several recordings at one time by selecting the radio buttons other than Demo.

If all else fails, uninstall the program and reinstall using the defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources