• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to Photoshop and back

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to see original LR changes after opening in Photoshop and saving back into LR?

It's annoying when you save from Photoshop and want to make further changes to some of the adjustment brushes etc. I end up having to edit the original LR file again and open back up in photoshop to redo te changes I've made in there.

Is there a better way around it?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

kayleighw34142966  wrote

Thank you. How do I make further changes to adjustment brushes when in PS?

This explained at the link I provided. More Flexible Lightroom to Photoshop Editing

Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) has all of the same tools as LR, but the graphical interface is different. It may take a while to find your way around. The one caveat is PS Smart Object files can get quite large if you're concerned about disk space.

Adjustment Brush

Global Controls

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit In> Open as Smart Object in Photoshop will let you edit the LR adjustments using Adobe Camera Raw inside PS:

More Flexible Lightroom to Photoshop Editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open as a smart object, double click on the layer in PS. That opens up Camera Raw. All of your LR edits are still editable with Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kayleighw34142966  wrote

This explained at the link I provided. More Flexible Lightroom to Photoshop Editing

Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) has all of the same tools as LR, but the graphical interface is different. It may take a while to find your way around. The one caveat is PS Smart Object files can get quite large if you're concerned about disk space.

Adjustment Brush

Global Controls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you opening the PS from LR? Do you understand that you can not have both your Photoshop layers, and LR edits on the same file? If you open the PS file using the first option you will get your LR edits, but lose any PS layers. The second option will ignore the LR edits, and the PS layers. The third option 'Edit Original' will open the PS file with all the layers, but ignore the LR edits.

Opening as a smart object should be used when you are sending the original raw with LR edits to PS, not for reopening PS files. It's not clear from your original post what you are trying to open with the LR brush edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines