• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Flash install still install TrueKey?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an update available for Flash. I stopped using Flash after a previous update installed TrueKey and I had a difficult time getting rid of all its pieces.

I checked the current Licensing Agreement to see if it mentions installing Flash and find only this

"Use of some third-party materials included in the Software may be subject to other terms and conditions typically found in a separate license

agreement, a “Read Me” file located near such materials, or in the “Third Party Software Notices and/or Additional Terms and Conditions” found at

http://www.adobe.com/go/thirdparty".

- info at the thirdparty link doesn't mention Intel or TrueKey or True Key.

I do not want to install TrueKey - is there a way to install Flash without it?

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Thank you very much for the information.  It's been very helpful.  I've downloaded that file and ran it. It only installed Flash Player, no third party offerings.

One more question:  Is this 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox?  Please post a screenshot of the About Mozilla Firefox window.

I will forward this information to the online installer team to find out why it's not showing the third party offering.

<edit>

If you're still concerned, you can download the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bmiller199

TurnKey is an optional third party offering and is not required.  You can install Flash Player without installing TurnKey, or any other thrid party offering.

• Go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
  • The optional third party offerings display in the middle frame of the page (ensure you have JavaScript enabled and are not using plugins that block JavaScript).
  • Uncheck the optional third party offerings
  • Click Download Now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks, Maria! How do I find out if I have JavaScript enabled? If I don't would I download it from javascript.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, apparently Firefox automatically enables Javascript. However, I do not see optional third party options in the middle frame at that link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use any adblockers, such as ghostery or NoScript or similar?  What operating system, including version, is this on?

Please post a screenshot of the page as it appears to you, including the address field showing the URL to the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Firefox 52.0.1. I use adblockers, but disabled them and restarted Firefox and got the same result.

Initially the link to flashplayer loads with Optional: (but no list of options) in the center frame, then changes to what you see above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  From my understanding, the 3rd party offering should be displaying. But the 'Total size' listed below the 'Install now' button indicates that only Flash Player will be installed using that file.  I'm going to send this information to the online installer team, but would like to get some more information from you.  Can you please provide the following:

• What operating system, including version is this on?
  • Which ad-blocker are you using?  Can you please go to about:addons and post a screenshot of the ad-blocker details?
  • On the get.adobe.com/flashplayer page:
    • right-click on the Install Now button and select 'Copy link location'.
    • Send the link to me in a private message.  To send a private message click on my user name link and then on the 'Message' button link
    • After sending me the link details, Click on the 'Install now' button link to download the file.  What is the name of the file that is downloaded?

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the information.  It's been very helpful.  I've downloaded that file and ran it. It only installed Flash Player, no third party offerings.

One more question:  Is this 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox?  Please post a screenshot of the About Mozilla Firefox window.

I will forward this information to the online installer team to find out why it's not showing the third party offering.

<edit>

If you're still concerned, you can download the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier  page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Maria - thanks for your help. I installed using that file and don't see any sign of TrueKey.

Regards,

Bonnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for confirming.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines