• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back Up process

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I close Lightroom 6 (version 6.9) and it trys to back up, I get the message "Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit". It then says that Lightroom will attempt to fix next time it launches. i have relaunched several times and it has not fixed. Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Exit LR if it is running.

Using Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer, go to the folder containing your catalog.

In that folder, delete the folder with the same name as your catalog but ending with "Previews.LrData".

Do NOT delete the LrCat file.

Restart LR, and it will create the previews from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit LR if it is running.

Using Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer, go to the folder containing your catalog.

In that folder, delete the folder with the same name as your catalog but ending with "Previews.LrData".

Do NOT delete the LrCat file.

Restart LR, and it will create the previews from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom closed, delete the preview cache. In your operating system, go to the folder which contains you Lightroom catalog and delete the subfolder there whose name ends with Previews.LRDATA. Do not delete anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant- it worked.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines