• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Draw to png

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Draw and I want to take a drawing without the background and save it as a png file.  I can't figure out how to do this after many frustrating hours of effort.  I have adobe photoshop elements on my laptop and ultimately I'm trying to upload the image to spoonflower.com to be printed on fabric.  removing the background layer by magic wano is trashing my drawing.   I hope this is making sense and someone can help me.

Thanks,

Jodi

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Jodi,

I don't know anything at all about Photoshop Elements but you can save your Draw art to your laptop by logging in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud and clicking on the drawing you want to save. Once the drawing is open choose the Actions dropdown menu on the right and choose Export. From there you'll be able to save the art as a .png or .jpg.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jodi.

What version of Draw are you using? In the most recent version if you double tap the Background Layer (it will have an eye icon with slash through it and the there will be a checkerboard pattern on the layer), the drawing should save with a transparent background.

Let me know how that goes for you.

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I have that, but I can't seem to get it into photoshop elements on my laptop from my tablet so I can upload the artwork as a jpg to spoonflower.   Can thoughts?

Jodi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodi,

I don't know anything at all about Photoshop Elements but you can save your Draw art to your laptop by logging in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud and clicking on the drawing you want to save. Once the drawing is open choose the Actions dropdown menu on the right and choose Export. From there you'll be able to save the art as a .png or .jpg.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to download my files from Creative Cloud, they once again have a white background. This is after exporting them with a background at 0% opacity. I'm trying to end up with a .svg format. Any ideas on why I can't keep the transparency?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abigail.

Before you save the drawing, are you double-tapping on the Background Layer (you should see an eye icon with a slash through it on the layer thumbnail)? That should save the drawing with a transparent background.

About saving as an SVG... You would need to either send the art directly from Draw to Illustrator CC and save it as a .svg there or use the Send to CC Files as PDF link (this is only available in the iOS version of the app) and save the file as a PDF then open that in Ai and save as a .svg from there (I don't think there's an easy way to export an SVG from a PDF).

Let me know if double-tapping the background layer isn't maintaining the transparency of it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, the background is not visible when I export the image to Creative Cloud. But when I view it in CC (or open in any other program) the white background is present. It defeats the purpose of much of the work I would like to be doing in the app, especially since I don’t have reliable access to Illustrator. It would be much better if the application could stand on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abigail.

Please email me through the in-app feedback; I'd like you to send me a couple of things and I don't want you to post them here:

I'd like you to share a drawing with me (and before you share it with me please set it up as you would before you save it as a .png). Here's how to share it:

* Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw

* Select the project to share

* Click on Share/Send Link (in the upper right corner). From the pop-up menu that opens click on the toggle button that's next to Private. That will generate a link. Send that link to me.

Also, from that drawing, save the art as a .png and send me that file as well.

The only way for me to try to figure out what's going on is to see what you're seeing.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue with my projects in Adobe Draw. I had no issues exporting/saving without the background yesterday, but today it is impossible. I would prefer not to have to use Illustrator on a desktop. Can someone please let me know if a fix has been found for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to export a .png or have a transparent background from the app. I can't figure it out, was this question ever solved? Or do you need a desktop to export transparent backgrounds?

thank you for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone determined how to do the transparent background from any of the Adobe apps? I have tried Draw (AI) and when I double click to the background it does change & I copied to the clipboard. I was not able to open it in Mix, Pixelmator, PS express, Notes, etc. It won’t paste into any of those. I have also used PS Mix a lot and the cut out is only good for some files. Images that have detail are difficult to remove the entire background. You spend a lot of time cutting out and moving around where all the white spaces are. The auto select works occasionally on images that are very defined. Like say an apple but not flowers.

Frustrated. PS Touch would do it and was a simple process. So wish I had it back. Suggestions? Oh. I also sent as psd to CC but that did not work from mobile. It will from the laptop but I thot the purpose of having so many Adobe mobile apps was to do work from the mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. 

A couple of things:

First make sure that the Background Layer of your  drawing is hidden (double-tap it and make sure an eye icon with a slash through it shows on that layer. Then, instead of trying to import it with that transparent layer into another app, or copying it to the clipboard, first try saving it to iOS Photos with that transparent background and then importing into another app from there. 

Please let me know if I've misunderstood what you're trying to do. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines