• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I collect the data obtained from the interactive pdf form I made in Indesign and have some of the fields merged to another document?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pdf form is rather extensive, but it would be handy to have some of the information collected (just a few fields only) saved into another document as a record.  I don't mind if the format is another pdf or even just an excel spreadsheet.  Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this?  Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

You will need Acrobat DC Pro (the only version that Adobe is currently selling or selling a subscription for). Acrobat Reader is literally only for reading, and filling out forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, export an .fdf file from within Acrobat Pro.

Create a new .pdf with the fields you want. Spell them exactly the same.

Import the .fdf to populate the fields.

Also, inside of Acrobat, you can export the fields from one or many filled out forms to report.csv and open that in Excel. Delete or filter as you wish. They don't have to be open when you export them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - if there is no other way then I'll have to upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will need Acrobat DC Pro (the only version that Adobe is currently selling or selling a subscription for). Acrobat Reader is literally only for reading, and filling out forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines