• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF displays errors when attempting to sign or save. Need a fix.

Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often when I attempt to sign various PDFs I'm presented with three errors reading as follows.

adobe 1.PNG

Adobe 2.PNG

Adobe 3.PNG

This is a big issue because I have at least one of these to push through every day.

Have any of you seen this before?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bad PDF. Are they all from the same source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a base file that we make a copy of each day and multiple users work on the copy back and forth.

Thing is, sometimes the corruption happens and sometimes it doesn't.  Making the the base file not as

consistent as the issue.  Do you think the copy is randomly getting corrupted as people edit and save it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's likely. There is a lot of PDF software from different vendors (including each browser maker) so it may be worth trying to find a pattern in the software used. It's also possible that the file is damaged somehow, especially if it is emailed where this becomes very likely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are worked with in a shared folder through our internal network/terminal server connections and the tools used to edit and save it are Adobe Acrobat 9 (IX) and 11 (XI) Pro if that information helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an awkward one, I realise. Your users will want to just get on. One possibility is that two people have the file open for editing: depends if the file locking works.

One one thing to try is Acrobat Pro's preflight looking for validating the PDF. For syntax errors.

Have you got a pattern in particular users being more likely to corrupt the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines