• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make the mask background black?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I masked myself using the pen tool and the background didn't turn black! How do I make the background black?

Here is a screen shot!Pic for forum!.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Make sure the mask mode is set to "Add". And that you're viewing the composition window and not the layer window with the "render" option off. If that doesn't fix it then take a full screen shot of your AE windows with all the layer properties expanded out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the mask is closed, ie the final vertex connects to the starting vertex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Everything is connected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the mask mode is set to "Add". And that you're viewing the composition window and not the layer window with the "render" option off. If that doesn't fix it then take a full screen shot of your AE windows with all the layer properties expanded out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No thats not it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a more complete screenshot with your mask properties expanded in your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's okay, I finished the project without the mask!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and while you're at it, change the color of the mask to make it easier to see what you're doing.  Orange or magenta re nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This helped mine, thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines