• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import recorded video files into Elements 15

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded elements 15 and when i tried to import my videos I recorded with the app, Action!, it tells me that "this type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed". What codec do I need? Once I render a video out on windows movie maker, then it allows me to import it. Someone help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about "Action!", but will guess that it is not a camera and records with a variable frame rate.  Many, if not most, editing systems made for cameras don't like variable frame rates.  The common fix is to pre-process your footage with a utility like the free Handbrake making a constant frame rate version of your source files.  Then, Premiere Elements should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a screen recorder. I have my recording set to 60fps but maybe it still fluctuated to 61/62fps, would that make enough difference for it not to be imported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bill. Many of these screen recorders store their video with non-standard recording codecs or variable frame rates.

Converting the video files to MP4s with Constant Frame Rate using Handbrake will solve your problem. Although it may be easier to try to edit this video in a shallower, more versatile editor, like iMovie or Windows Moviemaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines