• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make time-remapping for the trimmed layer

Participant ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. As far as i understand time stretch doesnt work properly if the layer is trimmed, so i probably need to use time remapping but it seems doesnt work for me either.

So i have a sequence of images imported to AE and i made the layer of it. I trimmed this layer by using Shift Cntrl D and now i want to slow down (so to make twice as longer) only second part of the layer. So what i do is i select this second part , right click on it and go - Time-Time remapping( i tried time stretch but it made my second part of a video jerky for some reason after i rendered it. So when i click time-time-remapping it gives you two diamond keyframes icons, but for some reasonf first diamond jumps at the beginning of the whole composition and not to the beginning of the second part of the layer and i tried to drag this diamond manually to the beginning of second part but the timing goes off. So how i can do all of that step by step please. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Timewarp effect.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to split the layer. Time remapping  sets a Kay frame at the head of the movie and at the tail no matter where the clip is placed in the timeline. Even if the key frames are not visible all you have to do is insert keyframes anywhere along the timeline and then adjust the distance between the keyframes to change the speed of the playback.

Please read up on time remapping. There's a good explanation if you search time remapping with the search help field at the top right corner of the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silverbell,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have long videos that I'm adding as layers but I just want to use a section of the video for the composition. Based on what I saw in tutorials, I found the section, made a split on beginning and end of the section I wanted to use, deleted the other two layers. Now I want to do a time remap to speed up that section, however, the keyframes appear at the beginning and end of the original long video so it does not affect the section I pre-selected. It may be that we are using the split layer function wrong - I just started learning the program on my own - but I have a whole composition made like this so I would like to know how to add speed effects to all these split layers. Thanks for any help. Kevin-Monahan​ Rick Gerard​ Mylenium​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set new keyframes at the in point and out point of the shot, then change the distance between those keyframes to change the speed of the shot. If you spend about 5 minutes reading the time remapping section of the help files you'll figure it out. Use AE's search help field at the top right corner to find more info on "time remapping."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding new ones worked. My problem was that the video was longer than my composition, so when I added time remapping it shifted the layer. But I moved to work on the video itself (not the composition) and it worked. Thank you SO much for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a trimmed clip in a comp you can always just pre-compose the layer, trim the pre-comp to the in and out points, and then apply Time Remapping to the nested comp. That will put the keyframes at the first and last frame of the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines