• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP. I downloaded new presets and now my lightroom isn't responding what do I do now?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a deadline and I've heard all about presets make your life so much easier, so I decided to buy some try them out. I bought some portrait brushes off of lightroompresets.com which is call "pretty presets" on like Facebook.

When I downloaded the presets I followed an instructional video how to install them, I watch the video twice and did it along side of it. When it said to quit and restart your lightroom after pasting into the folder it told me to. I tried to reopen my Lightroom and now it is not responding at all. I wanted 30 minutes and it still wasn't opening so now what do I do?

I really hope someone can help me because I have pictures I need to get out to a customer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, it helps you get your question answered if you provide the EXACT Operating System version and Lightroom version you are using.  If you are using Lightroom 6/cc2015 than you can go the the preset folder and MOVE all the presets to another location on your drive and then see if Lightroom will start.  The folder location is shown in the following web page.    Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6   Then you can move the presets you created back into the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a Mac  "OS X EL captain version 10.11.1" Lightroom 6. I can't even get to presets folder nothing is there for some reason in my Adobe Lightroom folder. I know what folder you talking about and how to get it it but it's gone. I don't know how adding brushes got rid of all my folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines