• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Application Initialization Error" installing Flash Player on Windows XP for Firefox

Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried installing flash in my Windows XP - 32bits for Firefox, it always displays message "Application Initialization Error". I've tried several times without success. Moreover, there is no FlashInstall.log at "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash".  Please kindly advice. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The online installers are signed using a sha256 certificate which is only supported on Windows XP with Service Pack 3.  If you don't have Windows XP SP3 you can try using the offline installer available under 'Still having problems' section on  Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page.

We recommend you to move to a higher OS version. If  you are not on XP service pack 3 atleast install the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ridhijain

Thank you for your kind response. The link that provide in Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page solved my problem perfectly.

Best Regards

Chayaphad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mingl30342950 ,

While you have been successful in installing Flash Player using the offline installer, I'd like to investigate why you were getting the 'Application Initialization Error' using the online installer.  Can you please upload the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files, saved at C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\ to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document​?  LocalSettings is a hidden directory.  If you do no see it, please refer to Microsoft Windows XP - Display hidden files and folders  to display hidden directories.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Maria;

I located all hidden Local Settings\Temp\ directory. However, I can't find both files you mentioned.

Best Regards

Ming Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines