Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 64bit IE11 Flash not working

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am running W10 on 64bit and use IE11. I need flash player to run but it won't work. I go to install it but get a message saying it is automatically installed with IE11 and just needs enabling.

I followed the steps on the help page to enable the addon and turn off the filter. But these were already set.

When I go to Flash Player Help I get this

So it says I need to install it, when I click the install link it takes me back to the first page saying its automatically installed and to click test.

Any ideas how to fix this? I dont want to have to reimage my machine just for flash player to install.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

For Win 10/8.x Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and all Flash Player for IE updates are released by Microsoft, not Adobe. 

You can use instructions on Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer to resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have already been to that site and just keeps going around in circles. I click the test button and it says it is disabled and to follow the steps. I follow the steps but it makes no difference. I have uninistalled the windows update for flash then manually installed update KB4010250 as this is working on my colleagues PC but still no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any 3rd party application/ anti-virus installed which blocks Flash Content from running on your system. If Yes, then Please either add Flash as Trusted Software to that application/antivirus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We run sophos AV on all the PC's here, 5 identicle builds using the same image running the same AV and in the same policy group work fine with Flash player. Just mine doesn't. Are there any registry settings you can point me to that might need looking at to enable flash in IE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines