Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when using Lightroom 6 on MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

I use a MacBook Pro I7 of 2012 with 8 Giga Ram and Mac OS El Capitan.

About 10 days ago, I had a hard crash whilst editing a photo on Lightroom 6.  It was impossible to start again the computer.  I had to reinstall El Capitan from scratch but lost a few datas in the operation.  After a proper save of all datas on an external drive, I tried to use again Lightroom 6, and again systematically had crashes.  This time I was more lucky as I managed to start the system without reinstalling the OS.  Then, I thought I may solve the issue by upgrading the OS to Mac OS SIERRA.  This was apparently not a good ideas as it crashed seconds after lauching LR6.  I then decided to uninstall / reinstall LR6.  Again probably not a good idea as I can not install from the DVD. It blocks and I get a message "download support Advisor".  I tried to do it but cannot find any help corresponding to my problem.

A bit frustrating I must confess.

Brgds / PhilippeZ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi PhilippeZ,

Please use the below download for Lightroom 6 also, as soon as you launch the Lightroom 6 after install please turn off the GPU from the Lightroom preferences.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines