Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

assigning text to target using 3d camera tracker

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scenario:

I use 3d camera tracker  for the purpose of sticking a text layer to a specific location in the footage. I select a small group of track points and the target appears. I right click on the target and select create text and camera.

problem:

the text  misses the target by a substantial margin(see image below). How do I make the text insert at the target?

missed target.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step one is to reset the character pallet and make sure everything is at the default settings.

You should also always set an origin and groundplane before you do anything else.

There was also probably a lot of distortion in that footage. It would be a real good like to remove the distortion before you used camera tracking to keep things attached to the ground as they move to the edges of the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reset the character palette?

Distortion doesn't seem to be a problem. The tracking is quite good.The track points maintain their positions  My primary concern is that when I insert text and camera, the text misses the target.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this short clip might better illustrate the issue that I'm dealing with. In the video, you can see that when I rotate the text in 3d space, it seems to rotate around the target point. What I'm trying to do is set the text precisely at the center of the target.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read up on the character pallet. It's a vital part of a basic understanding of AE. There's a property called baseline offset and that is your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fixes the targeting issue

right click>

transform menu>

center anchor point in layer content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines