• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I see pages thumbnails on left hand side?

Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

bit of novice here. I've been using Acrobat Pro 8 on Mac without a problem until yesterday. I opened the PDF and on the LHS where the pages icon is, no thumbnails appear. I then clicked on it and nothing happened, however, if I swipe to the right, the thumbnails appear is a floating dialog box.

Now, I like to use acrobat in my teaching to create tests, and like the fact I can open two PDF's and simply click on a thumbnail and move it from one document to the other. However, with this floating pages box, I simply can't do this.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Andy

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 is a very old version. What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try67. My mac is currently running OS-X El Capitan version 10.11.6.

I'm a teacher so Acrobat Pro 8 is what they have given me. What is the newer version suitable for Mac's? Is is Pro DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is. And your OS version is not compatible with Acrobat 8, which might explain this strange issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines