• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynmaic link not working with After Effects (Premier is not needed)

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, On Widows 10 and both AE 2015 and 2017 have lost the Dynamic link when exporting to Media Encoder or using Camera Tracking. I did install from fresh and it worked but not now. I have been testing different install versions so maybe there is a random install file getting in the way. I don't need Premier so that should not be part of the problem . Are there install packages that have to match? if so what packages? I have had this problem on and off for months. I have read all about possible rouge plug ins etc but nothing works. The other systems in the dept work with the same set up.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So long as your versions are matching, it should work.

You might look into firewall or port issues blocking it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

"So long as your versions are matching, it should work." Versions of what?

If I just wanted camera tracking in After Effects does it still have to match a version of another app... but version of what, After Effects and Encoder?... not Premier as I don't need that. I will look at the firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JoeRT,

"So long as your versions are matching, it should work." Versions of what?

Premiere Pro and After Effects, the applications involved with Dynamic Link.

If I just wanted camera tracking in After Effects does it still have to match a version of another app... but version of what, After Effects and Encoder?... not Premier as I don't need that.

No, but you need to have the right version of Media Encoder. Can you try updating that and reporting back? That is, if you have not solved this issue yet.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines