• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import problems with Leica M8

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a really weird problem importing images from my Leica M8. The images are only imported into 'Previous Import', not into a dated folder, and when I import again a day or so later the images are totally lost.

When I use another camera (Sony RX100 MkIV), the images are imported into a date folder as usual.

I'd really appreciate some help as I can't figure out what is going on (I have reset Lightroom, but this hasn't changed the import behaviour).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

OK, I've found the problem. Lightroom was only exhibiting the behaviour with a new-to-me Leica M8. When I clicked on destination folders in the import section, the photos were greyed out, but had a date last month on them! I changed the date on the camera, and retried, but stlll the same problem. When I reformatted the card, took another photo, rebooted the computer, reset the import folder as Pictures and imported from the SD card the photo was there in the correct folder. Hallelujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possible reason for this is that you are not importing the photos using COPY, but rather using the ADD option, in which case they remain in their previous location and are not placed in dated folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but I have checked, and I used COPY. How would I tell Lightroom to import into a dated folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed, the weird thing is that they are also not importing into the Pictures folder on Windows 10. I don't know what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not using ADD, and you are using COPY, then the Destination settings have been (accidentally?) changed, the photos are being copied into a folder that you do not expect them to go into, and if you want dated folders, you have to change the Destination settings to allow dated folders to be created.

How to transfer photos from a camera or card reader to Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I've found the problem. Lightroom was only exhibiting the behaviour with a new-to-me Leica M8. When I clicked on destination folders in the import section, the photos were greyed out, but had a date last month on them! I changed the date on the camera, and retried, but stlll the same problem. When I reformatted the card, took another photo, rebooted the computer, reset the import folder as Pictures and imported from the SD card the photo was there in the correct folder. Hallelujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines