• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two pages with the same content (different colors)

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am working on document where 1st page would act as a 'base' for the content. Second page uses exactly the same contet, however different color:

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 09.38.59.png

Now, Everytime I update something on first page (resize the table/column) I have to do the update on the second page as well. Is there any other way of doing it? Initially I had an idea of using Master Page that can control the content, what about the colors then? (currently I am using two separate Style Groups: Paragraph and Object) - Ideally I could use only one set of style, Put gray box to cover the second page and change the blending to 'Color'... But that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

OK, so this solution actually works fine!

Create a Master page with the same content (But make sure you create a White Background behind it, Use Rectangle with [Paper] fill)

Create a Second Page with Master content. On the second page create a rectangle with your color of choice fill (Red for instance), cover the whole page with the Red rectangle and set its Blending mode to 'Color'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use either alternative Layout (via Page Panel or Layout Menu) or use the content tools, with those you can pick up content, link it and place it in the same or a different document. You can also link to different paragraph styles. (and character styles).

For the frames use object styles and make those with a different color a child of the first one, like “frame” and “frame.grey”. If you make changes on the first one the other one will inherit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 at 12:02 Willi Adelberger <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must try this, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Alternate Layout, it works for text content, Styles are mapped- all good, problem occurs when resizing the text-box on the first page - I still have to do it manually on the second page (and I have 9 of them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Going back to your Master Page idea, this MAY work.

Put all your content on a Master page and then override all on the page(s) you want the alternative colour(s). Change ONLY the colour of the objects you wish to vary. Then any edits you make to the objects on the master page should be reflected on the target page with the exception of the colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not so. As ist would put content to the master and mingle content and master items, which will cause problems if PDF/UA are needed (or other digital exports like EPUB or PDF enabled for blind people.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested my own solution and sadly it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so this solution actually works fine!

Create a Master page with the same content (But make sure you create a White Background behind it, Use Rectangle with [Paper] fill)

Create a Second Page with Master content. On the second page create a rectangle with your color of choice fill (Red for instance), cover the whole page with the Red rectangle and set its Blending mode to 'Color'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines