• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I customise the LR lens profile list?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm a heavy Lightroom CC user and always have the latest version installed. For every shot I take I'll make sure that the correct lens profile is selected.

I own perhaps ten lenses and it takes so long to scroll through the full list to find the one that I want.  Is there a way to delete the lens profiles that I'll never use?

Many thanks,

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Why are you doing this manually?

You can define a preset and apply this during the import - the correct profile is then always selected and activated automagically.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you doing this manually?

You can define a preset and apply this during the import - the correct profile is then always selected and activated automagically.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  It prompted me to dig a little deeper.  My 85mm lens was being selected a lot of the time which was causing me the confusion and making me select the lens profile manually. I noticed that in the 'Enable Profile Corrections' section 'Custom' was selected instead of 'Auto'.  This was the case for about 20% of my presets so I couldn't figure it out... until you replied and made look at it in more detail. I thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK - come back here if something's not working as supposed or expected.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines