• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical Parallax

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to create an animation where things are moving up in the sky. I followed a tutorial on how to do a parallax but horizontal. In the video, he uses expressions. They do work on my project but I need it to move up, not side to side. Does anyone know how? I've attached the tutorial video. Thanks!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAvZl31iClA&ebc=ANyPxKoZ91O2jdkZzpy-QymptxY6VYukRK_nBAN75qjGkFX_CobJlI...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just keyframe the Y position instead on each layer at different speeds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and why are you watching youtube tutorials from some guy named "mikey"?  Now, that's a handle that engenders trust and projects competence!

Sounds like the 3-year-old kid from the Quaker Life commercials:  "He likes it! Hey, Mikey!"

If I were you, I'd check out the tutorials from Adobe, the Creative COW, videocopilot or the pro video coalition.  Learn from the pros, not some high school kid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dave+LaRonde  wrote

...and why are you watching youtube tutorials from some guy named "mikey"?  Now, that's a handle that engenders trust and projects competence!

Sounds like the 3-year-old kid from the Quaker Life commercials:  "He likes it! Hey, Mikey!"

If I were you, I'd check out the tutorials from Adobe, the Creative COW, videocopilot or the pro video coalition.  Learn from the pros, not some high school kid.

Actually, this isn't a high school Kid. Mikey is a pretty good tutorial guy (who is very much an adult) and he makes some useful little AE tools as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you know "side to side" is the x parameter right?  And "up and down" is the y parameter, right? 

And if you watch the video you see that when he creates the expression "x" is "position 0",  & "y" is "position 1", right?

So do what he did only do it for "position 1" instead of "position 0".

But to borrow a little from each of the other replies:  If I were you, I'd just key frame the y position on each layer at different speeds.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vanessa: Does the advice from Gutter-Fish work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines