Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Borders appear when printed

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I've an issue I once saw at a collegue of mine.
Now I have the same problem and didn't remeber the solution.

I just made a file in InDesign. I "placed" some images with transparant backgrounds in it. (.TIF)

Usually this works fine. But now, when I print it. The borders of the image appear very vague on the printed paper.

Its very hard to notice but its there and if you look at it for a while its getting frustrating.

I can't seem to find a problem to it.

So he fills the selection border (blue in InDesign by default) what I want to be transparant.

I dont use different layers, I export to PDF and print it afterwards.

Hope you guys can help!
Tnx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There exists another problem with TIFF files. I get often in 1-bit files a border which does not exists in the PSD or TIFF file when opened in Photoshop. I did not have time to investigate further here, but I will do it in the next days to report a bug.

My solution in that case was to reduce the frame a little bit in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usefull, but didn't fixed the problem unfortunatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not do prints in InDesign. Print from ID only needed to check some word errors only, because always you can find strange bugs. Print/Export to PDF and than print to printer.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, Firest export to PDF and then print. But thats when te error occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines